He explains that this particular way of attaching an object to a curve is a less chunky way than the more well known 'attach to motion path'.
- Create a curve, you will probably need to rebuild curve so that the U value goes between 0 and 1. Pretty useful for later.
- Make an empty pointOnCurveInfo node using 'shadingNode -asUtility pointOnCurveInfo -n "myName". Obviously name it whatever you want.
- Open connection editor. Load the shape node of the curve into the left and the pointOnCurveInfo node into the right.
- Connect worldSpace to inputCurve.
- Then load up the pointOnCurveInfo into the left and the object you're trying to attach intot he right side.
- Connect result.position to translate.